This page is the portal into various game dev articles I’ve written. Similar to my Source Code Archive.
- Unity Tip: Fixing Unity hanging at startup.An infrequent, but potentially catastrophic problem that can occur is Unity unable to start up and open your project. I… Continue reading Unity Tip: Fixing Unity hanging at startup.
- Whoaaaa…trippy! Creating a Whirlpool ShaderI saw the whirlpool in the new hearthstone gameplay video and I was hypnotized by it for some reason. I figured this… Continue reading Whoaaaa…trippy! Creating a Whirlpool Shader
- Games 101: Coding GameplayLet’s talk gameplay. What’s the difference between, say, ‘gameplay’ programming and other programming? If you are developing a game, you… Continue reading Games 101: Coding Gameplay
- Project Search & Replace: Free Version, More Videos, More FeaturesIn an attempt to shamelessly get Project Search & Replace into people’s hands, I’ve created a free version: Project Search.… Continue reading Project Search & Replace: Free Version, More Videos, More Features
- Stupid Prefab TricksAs I work on my Project Search & Replace tool I get to learn a lot about the internals of… Continue reading Stupid Prefab Tricks
- Why Git is Not Good for Games.This is a post that I’ve been meaning to write for a while, mainly so that I can refer to… Continue reading Why Git is Not Good for Games.
- Howto: Remapping the Animation Hierarchy in UnityWorking with animations in Unity has some quirks. Sometimes I will make an animation and I animated the wrong object. I… Continue reading Howto: Remapping the Animation Hierarchy in Unity
- Games 101: Data Structures in GamesFrequently people’s first foray into programming is in games. Sometimes developers come from other disciplines such as design or QA. Frequently… Continue reading Games 101: Data Structures in Games